Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dust Gathering on My Rhymes - Feb. 26, 2013

Dust Gathering on My Rhymes
 
I am suspended in a time that is lost
in the laughter
flowing from my lips.
And no one ever told me,
there is no way out of this.

I am past recognizing solid ground
and burning
from the memories I keep.
Still, my Muse sings a lullaby
while my destiny weeps.

Paper flowers litter the floorboard
of my heart
and go up in smoke inside my head.
I can't control
a single breath ahead.

My thoughts choose to stay inside the ink
where there's no risk
of living outside this time.
I can feel dust gathering...
on my rhymes.

© 2013 Neva Flores - Changefulstorm

22 comments:

  1. so lyrical neva....i feel like drifting in this and a bit of loss as well...the going up in smoke...my Muse sings a lullaby
    while my destiny weeps....great emotive line....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no dust on this Neva, it's spotless and very good~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Neva , heartbreaking as usual. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley, glad I could break a few hearts once again. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful poem from a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'my thoughts in ink' I do so prefer that myself. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thinking and I am certain that Carl Sandburg would agree with you leaving the rhyme sparse and let the dust gather. Add Stephen Crane in with him as well. The sorrow though ever poet no matter who understands in whatever form it rises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belo poema...Espectacular....
    Cumprimentos

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.
    Henry David Thoreau

    ReplyDelete