Monday, April 25, 2011

Eyes That Have Loved You Forever - April 25, 2011




Eyes That Have Loved You Forever

I am a wandering ghost with eyes that have loved you forever
And always greeted you with the softest smile
When you sleep tight my love I will gaze into your thoughts
Place my shadow inside of your heart
To rest for awhile

I will never bruise the wild freedom of your lovely dreams
While you lie there so tenderly in your bed
Nor will I ever break into the bright light of your day
But I will drink from the cup of your love
With these eyes instead

I am a wandering ghost with a heart you have held forever
And always owned with your paper and pen
If you close your eyes you can see my face in the vision
You created from the shadow
I left deep within

In the hours before the sunlight touches upon your breath
I will slip beneath your sighs once again
As the wandering ghost with eyes that loved you forever
And I will dance in the shadows for you only
To remember with your pen

Copyright *Neva Flores @2011

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I'm sure there are those we have loved forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the "wandering ghost" wording. Naturally. Another awesome, beautifully written piece of art, Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful read and the images drawn by your words bring Angels to our dreams.
    thank You ,Neva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus que magnifique Neva ..

    J'ai adoré cette ligne ``When you sleep tight my love I will gaze into your thoughts
    Place my shadow inside of your heart
    To rest for awhile `` un autre beau poème ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be loved this strongly to have left such an image on a human heart is a powerful thing accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mystical as a muse, a wonderful piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love each and every one of your pieces. Beautiful/Dep/Piao Liang-that is beautiful in three languages. I am new to this sight, but want to be a regular.
    So touching. One after the other-so touching.
    Jaye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those visits are what make it so difficult to wake up in the morning with a joyful heart.

    Thanks Neva.

    ReplyDelete