Sunday, May 6, 2012

Keen - May 06, 2012

 A little something I wrote poking fun at myself........


 Keen

There once was a poetess with a thesaurus
As big as the Adriatic Sea
She hunted down words in her book so absurd
Then tortured the world with these

She wrote lavish poems about simple drivel
Using words unknown to you and me
Inspissating her plots so we would think she was not
The hare-brain her friends knew her to be

A plethora of words she abused along with our minds
As she wrote of the redolent roses
Why could she not say how sweet they smelled
Before she beleaguered all of our noses

Now her poems are a panoply of quintessential bliss
If you have any idea what that means
I surely do not and have no intent of learning
So for now I will say she is keen


© 2012 Neva Flores - Changefulstorm

14 comments:

  1. Nice job, feel the ending needs a bit of work, but nicely put together, made me chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Actually this is one I wrote 2 years ago when I first began writing. I was thinking the same thing that perhaps I should have used intention instead of intent.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Love it! You are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another winner, wonderfully penned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Best Lines"
    Now her poems are a panoply of quintessential bliss
    If you have any idea what that means
    I surely do not and have no intent of learning
    So for now I will say she is keen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to see poets who do not ever take themselves too seriously. In Detroit at times it is like a battle royale. I thoroughly enjoyed this self deprecating piece and would have it memorized by all them who anguish over every word and then let every know of that anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Risible and thought provoking. I laugh with you, but your thoughts, so eloquently declaimed, often require my reflection. I enjoy and learn from your fine work...muy gracias,

    cheaphits

    ReplyDelete