Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Becoming Diamonds - Promises Lie Half Asleep - June 15, 2011




Becoming Diamonds - Promises Lie Half Asleep

We will rest by the stream in the pages of my letters to you
Worshiping footsteps that fall where no one sees
Waking in the tall grass where promises lie half asleep
Calming in their desire to keep our restful peace

Nothing compares to remembering our kisses, all lit aflame
Never lost to the sight of this woman in my mirror
Invading as a dancing ghost who has stolen truth's candy
To eat when your presence I still find much dearer

A faint voice combs my hair with a sea of joy for my taking
With no rules to govern our destiny or our fate
Brimming with gems dyed in the sunlight of elements
Seen as crystals leaving stars in their wake

The laws of the moon we can hold in a bowl full of love
Waltzing as young lovers with hearts agleam
Under a hand-written sign of words that steal away
Any idea of what gravity holds and means

There was never one soul that could float on air alone
After passing the doors to gaze upon love
Without feeling cold when outside of the embrace
Of what has been written in the stars above

We will rest by the stream in the pages of my letters to you
Let the earth witness what only our two hearts see
To wake in the tall grass where promises lie half asleep
Becoming the diamonds we were meant to be

Copyright *Neva Flores @2011

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of all of your poetry but I think this one is something special. I often wish I could express my feelings with such eloquence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vous avez chere Neva l'élégance dans dans vos écrie.

    This poem is beautifully !!

    Always a pleasure to read you my dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Promises lie half asleep, we still rest by the stream in the pages of letters to you"
    I love the word connections meaning and suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ..to love thus!!!
    "There was never one soul that could float on air alone
    After passing the doors to gaze upon love
    Without feeling cold when outside of the embrace
    Of what has been written in the stars above" Beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete