Monday, June 27, 2011

Words Have Eyes That Sing - June 27, 2011

  

Words Have Eyes That Sing

Do you turn away from eyes that sing on nights filled with emotion
Never wondering if you could drown in your imagination
Without understanding all the poetry that dances in your heart
Warming words of choice, in your tongue of fascination

Do your hours exist in a sky familiar with moments such as these
Is there nowhere to look for heaven free of possession
Where words do not cry out to be contemplated by your pen
To become lovely music giving light to your obsession

Can one learn to be absent from this transparent house of glass
And remove this flowing ink that runs within their veins
Still breathe without giving out a subtle handful of their soul
Each time a word calls out to be painted in a refrain

I cannot turn from eyes that sing on nights filled with emotion
My heaven is this possession in which I freely drown
You may not understand the poetry dancing in my heart
Still I will write, until I become dust, in the ground

Copyright *Neva Flores @2011

15 comments:

  1. ... and after you have become dust in the ground you will still write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poetry is infused with drama - amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep feelings and emotions are portrayed through our eyes. The words in your poems express so much passion, they light up my eyes when I read them. Thank you Neva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When our hearts are full our mouth runs over... or our pen :-)) Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Neva!...I can't believe the title of your poem and then the title of mine that I just posted...they feel linked to me in a way...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly a great gift is to write poems and another is to share, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most Beautiful , Wordsmith! Best use of the Human Language, Emotion set to Prose. Thank You,Lady Neva.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and such a beautiful flow...very good Neva feel the freedom of the soul of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful picture - full of poetry itself. There are some exquisite phrases and images in your poem: 'Do your hours exist in a sky familiar with moments such as these
    Is there nowhere to look for heaven free of possession...'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neva~ I love this flowing, beautiful piece. I especially like:

    "Can one learn to be absent from this transparent house of glass
    And remove this flowing ink that runs within their veins"

    ReplyDelete
  11. "My heaven is this possession in which I freely drown" -- how beautiful and how true! Lovely
    lyrical poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. The last line is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are indeed a like-minded soul.
    Your ending sums up how I feel.

    Wonderful writing!

    Thank you also, Neva, for the lovely compliment at my blog and for becoming my newest follower. I truly appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful poem .. deep emotions
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete