Friday, February 25, 2011

Life's Battlefield - February 25, 2011



 Life's Battlefield

Will you run for the highest mountain, when all goes wrong
Roam unlit streets, like a roving lion
Or stand here by me and sing our song
Will you dry my tears
When I am crying

Will you hate me for all my faults and weaknesses
Let floods carry me where they may
Or bring to me your peacefulness
Hold me close
On my worst of days

Will you be that fiery dragon, who sets my heart aflame
Fiercely, burns my free spirit down
Or my noble knight, who returns honor to my name
Before another night
Comes round

Will your feet wander where the winds may call
Leave me wondering, never knowing
Or will you catch me before I fall
'Cause the same way
We are going

If you hear a cry of battle, will you run safely for the hills
When you see me raise up my spear
Or will you place in front of me your shield
Will you be my guide and my protector
Here, on Life's Own Battlefield

Copyright *Neva Flores @11/28/10

14 comments:

  1. This verse gives me the highest feelings of loyalty, fidelity, solidarity, forgiveness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Neva.Once again your interface of internal thoughts has struck a chord.Beautifully done.Regards..Allan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a lovely romantic write..Neva...your view of the world is so beautiful...thank you...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!! Isn't this the way true love should be...... A powerful poem that touches the soul so very deeply...
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I am a prowl the perimeter and attack the attacker from the flank before they strike kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the Walking Man..........I can see a heart of gold under that tough exterior *smiles gently*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strong and powerful words. I am sure your knight in shining armour hears you Neva.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful poem Neva ~~
    Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to buy a torch, in case there is a roving lion in unlit streets !

    ReplyDelete