Friday, December 31, 2010

When You See the Sunset - Dec. 31, 2010




 When You See the Sunset

Wherever you have gone before, nothing can compare
To these wings you defiantly wear
Your flushed cheeks are flooded with silken tears
Falling on a heart without fear

You love life more when you can see the sunset
As an open invitation to forget
Everything which you know in fact to be true
Wandering deep inside of you

You say there is nothing blooming within your air
So these wings you must wear
Yet underneath it all you find you cannot fly
Fearless, in an unknown sky

Wherever you have gone before, matters not to me
Everything you are inside, I can see
I love you more than life itself, so do not forget
What is true, when you see the sunset

Copyright *Neva Flores @2010

7 comments:

  1. Bravo! Very much like the idea of sunset being a invitation to forget. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva I like this very much. with a few changes I would assume it was directed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen a sunset in this way before - another lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful poem Neva !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing the Sunset as a release makes each day a New Day. Clean slate to move on and grow .:-)
    Thank You, Neva!
    (I CAN)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful poem and seems a very good start to the new year. Washing the slate clean.
    Happy New Year.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete